Re: [igraph] Varying Results

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Varying Results
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 22:01:50 +0200

> I find that when I run the identical network through igraph I get different
> plots of the network. I'm wondering if (1) if I am mistaken, i.e. the
> network isn't identical or (2) this is normal.
This is normal. Most layout algorithms start from a random "seed"
layout and then optimize it one way or another. If you want to
preserve a layout that you like, you can save the result of the layout
algorithm and simply re-use it later in the "layout" argument of the
plot() call instead of specifying the name of a layout algorithm.