[igraph] iGraph Matching Algorithm

From: Hadidi, Lars
Subject: [igraph] iGraph Matching Algorithm
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 11:25:50 +0000

I plan to implement multi particle tracking on a time series of different positions. In order to associate the data, I need to solve the minimum weighted bipartite matching problem with maximum cardinality but not perfect matching (particles may be created or annihilated)
According to the documentation of iGraph the method "graph_maximum_bipartite_matching" solves for integer weights.
A note says that the algorithm is stable only for integer weights.
My question is what exactly is meant by stability in this context ? Which algorithm is used to realize the matching ? (Hungarian, Blossom,...)