[igraph] Use C to manipulate Python iGraph edge attributes.

From: Chris Cameron
Subject: [igraph] Use C to manipulate Python iGraph edge attributes.
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 15:31:49 -0400

Dear list -

I have some code in C that computes tie range for every edge in a C iGraph and
store it as an attribute.
(The tie range for an edge is the length of the shortest path with length
greater than 2 between the two endpoints of that edge).

I would like to use this code on graphs created in Python via a C extension but
it looks to me like attributes for python graphs are stored in python and not
in the underlying C data type that represents the graph. Am I mistaken (and
there is a way to manipulate the attributes directly from C) or should I focus
on computing and returning a tie_range dictionary to python and then using the
dict to update the python edge attributes dict.

Thanks!
Christopher Cameron