[igraph] calculate the degree of weighted network

From: Qunawei Zhang
Subject: [igraph] calculate the degree of weighted network
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 18:35:08 -0500

Hello:

I have a weighted network. It's format is shown below. I imported the network as a weighted network and calculated the degrees. But I found the degrees are not based on the weights (I.e., the number of interaction partners instead).
I used the following codes in R. Is there anything wrong? thanks

read.graph(file=file_network_MR,format="ncol",weights="yes")

de_MR=degree(network_MR)

#the network file

A1BG    ANXA7   16530.90
A1BG    TK1     13310.48