[igraph] How to import Pajek network document into igraph

From: 赵鸿丰
Subject: [igraph] How to import Pajek network document into igraph
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 18:24:07 +0800

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am a new user of igraph package for R. Before using Igraph, I used Pajek to draw social network graph. At present, I tried to import data used in Pajek to Igraph. But I failed. My data is a 3-column list of weighted directed graph, and contains thousands of records, for instance:

From To Weight

Huang Huang 2

admin Huang 1

hjx_221 Huang 1

nv2118 Huang 1

mcat Huang 1

wolfel Huang 1

Humphrey Huang 2

Huang Humphrey 3

dcllj Huang 1

yezhunan3h Huang 1

bijune Huang 1

ieeeblog Huang 2

jsjhcs Huang 1

Huang ieeeblog 3

zqf5021314 Huang 1

daliansuonika Huang 1

hzh007aaa Huang 1

wjwenoch Huang 1

baojie Huang 1

lianjiehailao Huang 1

yetiancheng Huang 1

baojie yetiancheng 1

In the samples of igraph, the vertexes of the graph always manually listed in c(), and every 2 vertexes was bound as a couple. But if I want to draw a graph from a document, how should I do?

I would be most gratefull if you could reply at your earliest convenience. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much.

                                  Sincerely yours

                                  Humphrey Zhao