[igraph] graph matching with igraph

From: Ilisio VIANA
Subject: [igraph] graph matching with igraph
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 23:46:39 +0100

Hello,
I am starting learning about graph theory and as I am a Python practitioner, I decided to start looking what is available in Python. Among all the choices I could find, igraph seems to be a great tool.  Thus I have decided to know further about it. Currently I am trying to solve a problem by graph matching. I know there is several  ways to process graph matching, but in my problem my approach  is as follow. Given a graph source and a graph target, having both their nodes labeled with some attributes, I compute  a similarity function for "two close" nodes, based in the attributes associated to the nodes. Iteratively, I start with a node in the "graph  source", for this node I want to find  all close "nodes in target graph" . Two nodes are close if the similarity function score is greater than a threshold.  When a close node is found I want to create another graph (a tree) having the source node pointing toward the close node. The similarity score is then set as weight in the edges of the new graph.

Conceptually, the idea is simple, but in practice I don't know how I can iterate over the nodes, and how I can create the second  weighted graph using igraph.

I really appreciate if some one could give me some help to solve this problem.
thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Ilisio