[igraph] how to change x type attribute to numeric type attribute?

From: Fatemeh a
Subject: [igraph] how to change x type attribute to numeric type attribute?
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 15:24:07 +0330

Hi,

I was wondering how could I resolve this issue :
after using
  graph_simplify=simplify(graph,remove.multiple = TRUE,edge.attr.comb=list(Weight="mean"))
and the type of the edge attribute weight
change from n(numeric) to x(other) and when i execute sum(E(graph)$weight) , I got zero , how should I change the x type attribute to numeric one ?

thank you in advance,

--
regards
F..A