Re: [igraph] Error at foreign-graphml.c:1134: xmlParseEntityRef: no name

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Error at foreign-graphml.c:1134: xmlParseEntityRef: no name , Parse error
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 20:47:07 +0100

> I am trying to read a graphml format file in igraph using python shell.
> This is the command I run:
> g = igraph.read("mumbaiFinal.graphml")
>
> Earlier this seemed to work fine, however now suddenly I am getting
> following error:
> [...]
> InternalError: Error at foreign-graphml.c:1134: xmlParseEntityRef: no name
> , Parse error
There is a stray ampersand (&) character somewhere in your GraphML file.
Replace it with & (the proper "encoding" of an ampersand within an XML
file) and it should be okay. If you don't know where the stray ampersand could
be in your file, run it through an XML validator and it should tell you where
the problem is.