Re: [igraph] SIR Model in Python igraph?

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] SIR Model in Python igraph?
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 21:52:31 +0100

Hello Nick,

> I've seen the SIR (susceptible-infected-recovered epidemiology simulation)
> model in R iGraph, but can't seem to find in python. Am I just missing
> something, or has it not been added to python?

The SIR model in the R version of igraph is an R-only extension -- the reason
why it's not in the Python interface is because it is not implemented in the
C core of igraph on top of which the R and Python interfaces are built.

However, others have built SIR model implementations in igraph so you can take
a third-party implementation and start tweaking it. This seems to be a good
starting point:

http://computationallegalstudies.com/2009/11/programming-dynamic-models-in-python-3-outbreak-on-a-network/

All the best,