[igraph] Rewiring Without Altering the Number of Components

From: Lorenzo Isella
Subject: [igraph] Rewiring Without Altering the Number of Components
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 12:17:47 +0100

Dear All,
I would like to rewire a graph with a particular constrain: the
original graph consists of a single connected component and I would
like to rewire it, keeping of course the degree distribution identical
to the original one, but also without ever splitting the graph into multiple
connected
components.
Is this doable with the igraph (in particular, I use the R bindings)?
Many thanks

Lorenzo