Re: [igraph] help with graph.union.by.name

From: Umberto Medicamento
Subject: Re: [igraph] help with graph.union.by.name
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 10:55:29 +0100

Thanks Gabor, I tried graph.union in Igraph 0.7.1., setting byname="auto", since the graphs have a "name" attribute.

It keeps the edge weight and it generates:

IGRAPH DN-- 99 638 --
+ attr: name (v/c), weight_1 (e/n), weight_2 (e/n)

quoting the Igraph manual "If an attribute is present in multiple graphs and would result a name clash, then this attribute is renamed by adding suffixes: _1, _2, etc."

What exactly does the function? How can I get a unique weight attribute in my final graph?

Also, if run graph.union setting byname=FALSE, the number of nodes in the final graph changes.

IGRAPH D--- 94 928 --
+ attr: name_1 (v/c), name_2 (v/c), weight_1 (e/n), weight_2 (e/n)

Could you explain me, what does it mean? When byname is set FALSE, operation is performed on symbolic vertex names instead of the internal numeric vertex ids. Hence, I suppose I should aspect this different result, correct?

Thanks, U.M.

Gábor Csárdi <address@hidden> ha scritto:

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Umberto Medicamento