Re: [igraph] hierarchical structure in multilevel.community

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] hierarchical structure in multilevel.community
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 22:17:43 +0200

Hi,

> Hi all. In R, multilevel.community returns a communities object with no
> defined hierarchy. Does anyone know whether it is possible to get the full
> multilevel hierarchy? This is available in the original C program [1]

It seems to me that the communities object that multilevel.community returns
has a "$memberships" member, which is a matrix where each row corresponds to
the community membership at a different "level". I'm not sure why this is not
documented, maybe Gabor hasn't implemented a nicer high-level accessor function
yet and that's why it's not in the documentation. Anyway, the bottom line is
that you can try this:

cl <- multilevel.community(g)
cl$memberships