Re: [igraph] Help with python-igraph on CentOS 6.5

From: Amanda Traud
Subject: Re: [igraph] Help with python-igraph on CentOS 6.5
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 11:14:07 -0400

Apparently, I needed to also install libxml2-devel.  I did recompile igraph after each new installation.  I am still having trouble with it, but not because Python wont read graphml files, but because I am calling Python from R in a system call, system('python myscript.py'), and while R can write a graphml file, the python called from R can seem to read it.  When I call python from the command line, the file is read and then the python script writes a new graphml file, which unfortunately R can't read. I know its a permissions thing, but being a windows and sometimes Mac user, I am a bit stumped by linux.  I know when I run python from the command line it has root permissions and R has the permissions for a user called 'shiny', as this is on a shiny server.  I think this means that a system call to python from inside R would be looking for a python instance with shiny permissions?

Again, slowly learning linux while trying to put apps on a shiny server.

Maybe it's a simple fix I just don't know, but here is some more background info.

Thanks!!

Amanda Traud