[igraph] community detection algorithm and Evaluation

From: Fatemeh a
Subject: [igraph] community detection algorithm and Evaluation
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 21:06:01 +0330

Hello all,

I am running Community Detection in graphs and I run different community detection algorithm implemented in igraph listed here :

  1. Edge-betweennes.community(w,-d)
  2. walktrap.community (w,-d)
  3. fastgreedy.community(w)
  4. spinglass.community (w,d, not for unconnected graph)
  5. infomap.community (w,d)
  6. label.propagation.community(w)
  7. Multivel.community(w)
  8.leading.eigenvector.community (w)

as I have two types of graph one is directed an weighted and the other one is undirected and unweighted, the one which I could use for both are four (1,2,4,5) which I get the error on the forth one as my graph is an unconnected graph, so there is three. now I want to compare them using different evaluation metrics provided in here http://lab41.github.io/Circulo/ , as I searched there is modularity and compare.communities ( metrics listed here :http://www.inside-r.org/packages/cran/igraph/docs/compare.communities are ("vi", "nmi","split.join", "rand","adjusted.rand) in igraph.

what I am wondering about are :

I would really appreciate if someone could help me.

thank you in advance.

--
regards
Fatemeh