Re: [igraph] Can't get same results from newer layout.fruchterman.reingo

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Can't get same results from newer layout.fruchterman.reingold
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 10:39:05 -0500

Hi, you also need to specify the random seed via set.seed.

That said, you still might get different layouts with different igraph versions, because we are trying to improve the algorithms. If setting the seed does not work, then you can generate the layout in the old version, save the coordinates and then use them with the new version.

Unfortunately R does not really support using different versions of the same package at the same time.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 10:35 AM, HIGUCHI Koichi <address@hidden> wrote:
Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.