Re: [igraph] Locating triangles in (directed) (massive) graphs

From: Mona Jalal
Subject: Re: [igraph] Locating triangles in (directed) (massive) graphs
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 17:52:02 -0600

Hi,

This function sounds to work for me.
Also I was looking at triad.census() and looking at its manual couldn't figure
out how to interpret the output. Can you please help with that?

> g <- erdos.renyi.game(15, 45, type="gnm", dir=TRUE)
> triad.census(g)
 [1] 113 168 38 16 13 49 23 17 7 2
[11] 2 1 2 2 2 0
> str(g)
IGRAPH D--- 15 45 -- Erdos renyi (gnm) graph
+ attr: name (g/c), type (g/c), loops
 (g/x), m (g/n)
+ edges:
 1 -> 3 4 6 12 13 2 -> 1 3 7
 3 -> 2 5 10 15 4 -> 5 12 14
 5 -> 6 7 9 6 -> 4 8 12
 7 -> 5 9 12 8 -> 2 7 15
 9 -> 1 4 11 13 10 -> 4 5 8
11 -> 1 2 9 12 -> 1 4 14 15
13 -> 15 14 -> 11 12
15 -> 3
> maximal.cliques(g)
[[1]]
[1] 13 15

[[2]]
[1] 13 1 9

[[3]]
[1] 2 8 7

[[4]]
[1] 2 1 3

[[5]]
[1] 2 1 11

[[6]]
[1] 3 5 10

[[7]]
[1] 3 15

[[8]]
[1] 4 14 12

[[9]]
[1] 4 10 5

[[10]]
[1] 4 5 6

[[11]]
[1] 4 5 9

[[12]]
[1] 4 1 9

[[13]]
[1] 4 1 12 6

[[14]]
[1] 5 7 9

[[15]]
[1] 6 8

[[16]]
[1] 7 12

[[17]]
[1] 8 15

[[18]]
[1] 8 10

[[19]]
[1] 9 1 11

[[20]]
[1] 11 14

[[21]]
[1] 12 15

Warning message:
In maximal.cliques(g) :
 At maximal_cliques_template.h:203 :Edge directions are ignored for maximal
clique calculation

Best regards,
Mona Jalal.