Re: [igraph] Creating all possible non-isomorphic graphs from N nodes

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Creating all possible non-isomorphic graphs from N nodes
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 20:05:40 +0200

> 1. If I have N nodes, what is the shortest way to create all possible
> non-isomorphic graphs? E.G for N=2 nodes, there are 2 possible graphs, N=3,
> there are 4, N=4 there are 11, N=5 there are 34, etc
The shortest way is to download them from Brendan McKay's page ;) He has
generated all the nonisomorphic connected graphs up to 10 vertices with his
'nauty' software (more precisely its "geng" program):

http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/data/graphs.html

By the way, the OEIS sequence A000088 gives you the number of all the connected
nonisomoprhic graphs as a function of n:

http://oeis.org/A000088

According to this, it seems quite unpractical to generate all these graphs even
for n=11.

> 2. Is it possible to have an array of graph objects of the form
Yes, it is. You did not mention which language you use igraph from so it's hard
to be any more specific than this.

Cheers,