Re: [igraph] igraph r-interface basic operators

From: Florian Klinglmueller
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph r-interface basic operators
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 15:44:06 +0200

Hi Gabor,

thank you for your quick reply. I do understand the problem that it will may be hard or impossible to decide where some vertex or edge should be incorporated into an existing graph. With that in mind, it is more clear why some of my examples do not work. This situation may benefit from improvements to documentation and error handling/messages. But who wants to write that ;-).

Some other points though I would consider erroneous (ie adding an edge object with compatible vertex id's but in fact adding an isolated vertex) and I have a few other open issues, regarding iteration and indexing where I think some improvements could be made. Partly I have started to write my own convenience functions to overcome these quirks. Unfortunately I'm currently quite busy and have little time to spare. I'll try to get everything together in a systematic way and make a few suggestions how the code may be improved (hopefully next week).

I don't know what would be the better place for the discussion. If you prefer I can post future comments to the bug report.

Best,
Florian