Re: [igraph] R igraph: vertex IDs starting at 1 now?

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] R igraph: vertex IDs starting at 1 now?
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 21:44:27 +0200

>   Could you please confirm if this change is intentional?
Yes, this is intentional.

>   I tried looking in the release notes but couldn’t find anything about this.
> If this change is not intentional, I would like to debug what is going on
> with my installation of the latest version.
You would have had to go back all the way to version 0.6 to find the relevant
entry:

http://igraph.sourceforge.net/relnotes-0.6.html

(See the "Numbering from 1 in R" section)

If you have lots of old code that relied on vertices being indexed from zero
and you do not have time to re-write them, you can install the "igraph0"
package which uses zero-based indexing, but note that this is not going to be
updated any more.

All the best,