[igraph] Union, Intersection of two graphs keeping attributes

From: Gábor Tóth
Subject: [igraph] Union, Intersection of two graphs keeping attributes
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 10:57:14 +0100

Dear All,

I would need to see the union and possibly sometimes the intersection of two graphs. I know that the intersection and union functions do not support the keeping of attributes, and that is understandable especially because in the two graphs the union of which I am trying to make, the indices do not correspond. However, each vertex and edge has a unique id, an attribute that I wish to use for the union operation. I started to write a script that iterates through all vertices and edges, gets these unique ids, delete duplicates and then builds a new graph out of it. I am wondering if there is any other solution for this.

Thanks,