[igraph] Calling igraph from Mathematica

From: Szabolcs Horvát
Subject: [igraph] Calling igraph from Mathematica
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 11:36:02 -0400

Hello,

Mathematica 9 has lots of functions for working with graphs, but the overlap with igraph is not complete.  It is useful to get access to igraph from Mathematica both to complement and verify its existing functionality.

I've been looking for a *convenient and easy* way to do this for a while (using the C bindings is not).

Mathematica 9 includes a link R, but using it to call igraph-R is not entirely straightforward, especially if one is not familiar enough with R.  I made a small package which makes this much easier:

https://github.com/szhorvat/IGraphR

I hope others will find it useful too.  Usage is straightfoward: to call an igraph function such as 'betweenness', just wrap it with IGraph and pass standard Mathematica graphs to it:

IGraph["betweenness"][RandomGraph[{100,200}]]

If you find any problems, just open a new issue on GitHub:
https://github.com/szhorvat/IGraphR/issues
or comment here:
http://mathematica.stackexchange.com/q/24544/12

Szabolcs