[igraph] all_pairs shortest path

From: Alexandre Vallette
Subject: [igraph] all_pairs shortest path
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 15:54:55 +0100

Hello,

I want to use igraph (python binding) to compute the all pairs shortest path in a medium size graph (10000 nodes 30000 edges).
I've read the answer from Tamas in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3038661/efficiently-finding-the-shortest-path-in-large-graphs
and thought it will be easy.
But no.

G = igraph.Graph(directed = True)

1) Adding edges:
G.add_edge([(1,2)])
G.add_edge([(1,2)])
if I add twice the same edges, my digraph keeps two occurence of the same edges in G.get_edgelist: [(1, 2), (1, 2)]
How can i remove duplicates?

2) Is there a way to compute once for all all shortest paths between all pairs?

3) why is G.get_all_shortest_paths(1) does not work on the graph joined (graph.edges)?

Other remark maybe bug: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13974279/igraph-why-is-add-edge-function-so-slow-ompared-to-add-edges

Thanks for your help

Alexandre