Re: [igraph] Community similarity / dissimilarity

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Community similarity / dissimilarity
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 21:34:48 +0100

Hi,

> I'm trying to identify a good distance (similarity / dissimilarity)
> measure for discovered VertexDendrogram and VertexClustering
> communities
Would you like to compare two communities, or to compare two community
structures as a whole? For the latter, we have a function called
compare_communities, which implements several distance/similarity metrics on
VertexClustering objects.

If you wish to compare two given communities only, are they from the same
clustering of the same graph (i.e. are they disjoint) or are they from
different clusterings of the same graph?