[igraph] Community in networks with many nodes but low link-density

From: Charles Novaes de Santana
Subject: [igraph] Community in networks with many nodes but low link-density
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 02:04:57 +0100

Dear igraph-users,

I am trying to study the modularity of networks with many nodes but
low link-density (48082 nodes and 12869 edges). I tried to use
walktrap.community and fastgreedy.community functions, but those
methods didn't work (segmentation fault). I also tried the
edge.betweenness.community and it works, but of course it is very
slow.

Just for curiosity: which of the implemented methods do you suggest me
to use? Am I right in using the edge.betweenness?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best,

Charles

--