[igraph] help finding edge connecting two nodes

From: Dhaval Adjodah
Subject: [igraph] help finding edge connecting two nodes
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 18:02:45 -0400

I'm new to R and igraph and I was wondering if anybody can help me with the following.

I want to find the edge weight between two vertices in a graph. My graph structure is defined by the normal ego (node1), alter (node2) and the weight of the edge between them.

I know that I can get the weight for each of the edges in the list of edges that originate from node number 5 using E(igraph_friendship) [ from(5) ]$weight And that I can find the weight for each of the edges in the list of edges that end onto node number 10 using E(igraph_friendship) [ to(10) ]$weight

But what if I simply want to find the weight of the edge that simple connects just node 5 and node 10?

Alternatively, if I can get the identifier of the edge that connects node 5 and 10 in the list of all edges,E(igraph_friendship), that would work too.

Thanks a lot for your help, I've been looking around a lot for it and I really appreciate your help!

Dhaval