Re: [igraph] Distance along a road

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Distance along a road
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 20:52:52 +0200

> I am not familiar with shapefiles, though, so I don't know how to
> convert them to igraph.
I'm not sure either, but one possible way to go would be to

1) load the shapefiles package in R
2) read your shapefile and convert it to a plain data frame using
convert.to.simple
3) depending on how the data frame looks like, there might be an easy way to
convert it into an igraph graph using graph.data.frame and some of the columns
-- but it depends on what exactly the data frame contains and I have no
shapefiles lying around so I can't test it.