[igraph] Vertex ID's during deletion

From: Nicholas Dahm
Subject: [igraph] Vertex ID's during deletion
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 12:33:26 +1000

Hi All,

As the C interface isn't stable or expansive, I'm keeping track of attributes
in my own array. Previously on graph change I would just delete all attributes
and re-calculate them, but now I want to simply update them instead. However
this requires keeping track of vertex id's during deletions.

On deletion, do vertex id's simply decrease to fill any gaps, so if I delete
vertices 4 and 6, old vertex 5 becomes new vertex 4, old vertex 7 becomes new
vertex 5, old vertex 8 becomes new vertex 6, etc.?

cheers

Nick

--
Nicholas Dahm

Student Researcher (Pattern Recognition)
National ICT Australia
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
email: address@hidden

PhD Candidate