Re: [igraph] vertex colors/size and path

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] vertex colors/size and path
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:59:27 -0400

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Gregory Ryslik <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> ideally, I would want the vertices to go in a circle from 1-167. As the
> first jump occurs from 10->13, I would want there to be an arrow from 10->13
> and then the colors to hop over the 11-12. Thus even if the arrow is hidden
> behind another vertex, the colors would show the hop. In the end, by looking
> at the colors in the circle, one should be able to visualize where the jumps
> occur and where the contiguous blocks are without having to look for jumps
> in a table.

It is not just that you can't see the arrows. You can't see the
vertices either, they are so tiny if you want to put 166 of them in a
circle.You could create a colored table then, and the reader would be
able to spot changes in colors quickly.

But anyway, look at the code in my previous email. That does exactly
what you want, a smooth color transition along a path.

Gabor

[...]