Re: [igraph] transitivity barrat

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] transitivity barrat
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:32:00 -0400

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Umberto77 <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm working with a directed multiple and with loops weighted graph, I cannot
> measure transitivity (type=c("barrat")) since I get:

Set the vids argument explicitly, e.g.:

## Example graph from the Barrat paper
gw <- graph.formula(A-B:C:D:E, B-C:D, C-D)
E(gw)$weight <- 1
gw["A","E"] <- 5
transitivity(gw, vids="A", type="local")
transitivity(gw, vids="A", type="weighted")
transitivity(gw, vids=V(gw), type="weighted")

This is somewhat cumbersome, and I'll change the default to
'vids=V(graph)' in the next igraph version.

> numeric(0)
> I used as.undirected with the collapse mode first. Still, I get
> numeric(0)
> Sorry for the silly questions, but I prephare talking silly to get know
> things better.
> Secondly, I read someone else was looking for a weighted directed version of
> Barrat's (Newman, 2005), but I could not get how to do it, and I also need
> to account for multiple edge and/or loops.

So how would you define the weighed directed version that takes the
multiple edges and loops into account?

Gabor