Re: [igraph] Error message when loading a large network

From: Vincent Labatut
Subject: Re: [igraph] Error message when loading a large network
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 10:42:28 +0200

as I understand it, while initializing the graph object igraph reaches the maximal possible length of an R array. (or am i wrong in my interpretation?)
this limit is apparently 2^31-1 (2 billions), so it is still much greater than the number of links in the network.

because the problem seems related to the way igraph processes the data internally, i'm not sure about what to do.
it seems reasonable to think I should reduce the size of the network, but how much?