Re: [igraph] Inexact graph matching

From: Narayanan, Manikandan (NIH/NIAID) [C]
Subject: Re: [igraph] Inexact graph matching
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 13:31:50 -0400

I will assume that by distance in G1, you mean the shortest path distance from
every vertex to every other vertex. If I understand you correctly, it seems
like you can get this shortest path distance matrix for G2 too. You do have all
neighboring vertices of any given vertex, using which you can obtain the list
of edges and the distance matrix using an all-pairs shortest path algorithm.
Can't you assume if an edge is not present in G2, then its edge weight is
infinity?

Graph-matching problems are in general computationally hard. For some
definitions of graph similarity, there are tractable algorithms. The alignment
needs to be well-defined too (eg. are G1,G2 defined over the same node set?).

Best,
Mani