Re: [igraph] Measuring Network assortativity

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Measuring Network assortativity
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 17:07:45 +0200

> I want to measure assortativity in a directed graph.

What sort of assortativity are you trying to measure? Are you interested in
nominal assortativity (with vertex types) or degree assortativity (i.e. whether
low-degree vertices connect to low-degree vertices and high-degree vertices to
high-degree vertices or not). If you need nominal assortativity, you have to
use assortativity.nominal and specify the vertex types. If you need the degree
assortativity, you need assortativity.degree.

> Using the assortativity function, I get the error below. I load the igraph
> library, but don't know what other libraries are missing! Any idea how to
> solve it?

Which version of igraph are you using? assortativity was added in 0.6, so you
might have to update the igraph package on your system.
packageVersion("igraph") gives you the version number of the igraph package; it
should be at least 0.6.