Re: [igraph] About colors in communities plots

From: Charles Novaes de Santana
Subject: Re: [igraph] About colors in communities plots
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 18:37:01 +0100

Thanks a lot!

so, to do exactly like the plot.communities does, I just need to "add"
transparency to the colors of the shadows, like this:

karate<-graph.famous("Zachary");
wc<-fastgreedy.community(g)
plot(wc, karate, colbar=c("#FF0000", "#00FF00",
"#FFFF00"),mark.col=c("#FF000055", "#00FF0055", "#FFFF0055"))

still simple, still beautiful! Very good!

All the best,

Charles

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Gábor Csárdi <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Tamas Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> That is good and easy! But I was thinking that If I change the colors
>>> of the vertices, so the color of the "shadows" surrounding the
>>> communities would change too.
>> Ah, I understand. I agree, it would be nice if that could be controlled as
>> well, but I don't know whether plot.communities has an option for that or
>> not. Gabor?
>
> 'mark.col' defines the colors of the shadows and 'col' the colors of
> the vertices. E.g.:
>
> karate <- graph.famous("Zachary")
> wc <- walktrap.community(karate)
> plot(wc, karate, mark.col=heat.colors(length(wc)),
> col=rainbow(length(wc))[membership(wc)])
>
> G.
>
>> --
>> T.

> Gabor Csardi <address@hidden>     MTA KFKI RMKI