[igraph] how to obtain vertex name

From: Delphine Faugaret
Subject: [igraph] how to obtain vertex name
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 09:09:39 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

I uploaded my network using read.graph.

G18=read.graph("namefile.graphml",format="graphml")
I then calculated the diameter and as I would like to identify the nodes involved in this path I therefore used get.diameter(G18)
It gave me numbers which correspond to my  nodes of interest: 37 128 121 88 ...
I would like therefore to have the name of my nodes.

I tried the following things:
V(G18)$name[37] I've got the following answer: NULL
get.vertex.attributes(G18,'name'): NULL
V(G18)$name=NULL
V(G18)[37] = vertex sequence:37

If I upload the same file in Gephi, I can see the name of my node.

I know that I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know where.

Thanks in advance,

Delph