[igraph] Correlation between actor personal attributes and networ attrib

From: Carlos Eduardo
Subject: [igraph] Correlation between actor personal attributes and networ attributes
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 15:14:48 -0200

Hi,

Through R, I executed a correlation measure between a personal companies attribute (size) and a network attribute (closeness). Network with 21 nodes.

cor (size, closeness)

I found an high correlation = 0,89. Once R just show this number, how to know whether it is statistically significative? What is the default p-value used by R? Is there any way to set the correlation parameters?

It is closer to R than to Igraph, but I would appreciate any help :)

Thanks in advance,

Cadu