Re: [igraph] Question regarding node numbering

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Question regarding node numbering
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:19:31 -0400

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Yiorgos Adamopoulos
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Am I correct to understand that if I create two graphs in the same
> application, one with n nodes and a second with m nodes, then the
> nodes will be numbered from 0 to n-1 and from n to n+m-1?

No, the first one will have ids 0 to n-1, the second one from 0 to m-1.

> I am using the C interface and am trying to understand how
> igraph_vs_all() and friends work without passing a graph as an
> argument. If I have two graphs, how is igraph_vs_all() going to
> distinguish which set I want?

igraph_vs_all() is the _concept_ of selecting all vertices,
independently of the graph. To get the actual vertex ids you need to
create an igraph_vit_t using an igraph_t graph and and igraph_vs_t
concept.

It is somewhat overcomplicated...

G.