Re: [igraph] igraph-help Digest, Vol 58, Issue 2

From: Benjamin Wellmann
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph-help Digest, Vol 58, Issue 2
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 11:38:10 +0200

Hi, thanks for the fast reply.

I will try that solution..

Where can I find the 0.6 version? Or is it the next major update?

Best
Benjamin

On 03.05.2011, at 18:00, address@hidden wrote:

Hi Benjamin,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_common_subgraph_isomorphism_problem
says that a possible way to find the maximum common subgraph is to
create the modular product of the two graphs, which does not seem to
be very difficult, and the then find the maximum clique in this graph,
for which igraph has algorithms. (The implementation in the 0.6
version is much faster.)

Even if your graphs have only 200 vertices, this might be a difficult
thing to calculate, because already the modular product will have
about 200x200 vertices, and you need to find the largest clique in
these, which is an NP-complete problem (of course).

I am not sure what you mean about "most accurate", you are interested
in approximate solutions?