Re: [igraph] Beginner in igraph

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Beginner in igraph
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 17:03:21 +0100

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Akshata Udyavar
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi everyone -
> I am beginning to use igraph to do some analysis on pre-made protein-protein
> interaction networks either from gene expression datasets or public
> databases (from Cytoscape). Is there a way I can import this interactome
> into the igraph and do analysis thereof?

Yes, perhaps look at the read.graph and graph.data.frame functions
first and the tutorial here:
http://igraph.sourceforge.net/igraphbook/

> How many nodes and edges can igraph
> handle?

There is no built-in upper limit, but surely not more than two billion
nodes or edges.
Of course it depends what you want to do with it. Just to load it, a
couple of millions are fine.

Gabor