Re: [igraph] increase network size with poisson probability

From: Gang Su
Subject: Re: [igraph] increase network size with poisson probability
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 21:30:20 +0900

Or maybe you can use a poisson random number generator instead of a uniform random number generator?

Best wishes,

Gang Su

Bioinformatics PhD candidate
Statistics MA
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Michigan 48109

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 6:29 PM, Simone Gabbriellini <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello list,

right now I have a model in which nodes are added with uniform probability p. I have implemented this in a classical way:

if random() < prob_value:
       add_the_node

I would like to change this mechanism to reflect poisson probability, but I need a hint on how to do this. I see there's no random.poisson, but maybe the random.expovariate(lambd) can do the job:

if random.expovariate(lambd) < prob_value:
       add_the_node

best,
Simone