Re: [igraph] node removal (igraph - C)

From: roberto pagliari
Subject: Re: [igraph] node removal (igraph - C)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 14:33:01 -0800

My only concern was about the fact that, in case I provide a vector of nodes to be removed, if ids change removal after removal, the numbers stored within the input vector might not make sense at some point. If the ids are modified only once, I guess that I can safely use this function with more than one node.

Thanks

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Tamás Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
> I read on the tutorial that removing nodes in igraph changes their ids. Are those ids modified every time a new node is being deleted, in case a vector of nodes is provided?
If you delete a vector of nodes, the reindexing takes place only once, when all the nodes have been deleted. In other words, deleting many nodes does not take significantly more time than deleting a single node.