[igraph] Re: as.dendrogram problem

From: Simone Gabbriellini
Subject: [igraph] Re: as.dendrogram problem
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 13:30:51 +0100

Hi Moses,

> Hi Simone,
>
> I've seen in the Archive Orange mail archive that you had a problem
> with the iGraph function as.dendrogram. I'm also getting:
>
> 'dendrogram' with 2 branches and 2 members total, at height 58

> Did you understand how it is possible to obtain the right dendrogram?

unfortunately, the answer is no... but I have to say that when I saw the
plotting facilities for communities, I have used that instead.

> I'm also applying the walktrap.community function but my data are
> directed weighted graphs, although I know from the Pons & Latapy paper
> that this algorithm works only on undirected graphs. So, I'd like to
> ask you: do you happen to know any iGraph function (or possibly code)
> that detects community structure in directed weighted graphs? I'll be
> much obliged for any assistance you might provide.

I guess you need either the edge.betweenness.community() or the
fastgreedy.community() functions. You can pass directed and weighted graph  to
those functions.

Anyway, I am forwarding your request to the mailing list, cause you may find
better advices there!

Best regards,
Simone