[igraph] Mean and Variance of Triad Census

From: Dai Shizuka
Subject: [igraph] Mean and Variance of Triad Census
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 18:59:08 -0600

Hey folks,

Is there an easy way to calculate the variance of the expected values of components in a triad census? I am trying to conduct some stats on structure based on the Davis-Leinhardt-Holland approach, using expected frequencies of different triad configurations based on a U|MAN distribution. I have figured out how to calculate mean (expected) triad frequencies of random graphs, but I am not sure about the variance of these values in order to calculate the test statistic, tau. I believe these functions were standard in PAJEK and UCINET, but I'd love to do this in R.

Thanks,
Dai
Daizaburo Shizuka
Postdoctoral Scholar
Ecology & Evolution
University of Chicago
1101 East 57th Street, Chicago, IL 60637