Re: [igraph] static flag at gcc

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] static flag at gcc
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 21:26:48 +0000

Hi,

> i'm using Linux Debian and i tryed to compile my code with the -static
> flag, but i got Undefined reference error at the linking process.

> I searched at apt for igraph and saw that i have libigraph-dev,
> libigraph0 and libigraph0-dev installed on my system.
> What can i do to use the static flag??
Try also linking to libxml2.a, libarpack.a, liblapack.a and libblas.a -- these
are other libraries that igraph depends on. When you link to igraph
dynamically, you don't have to link to these as the dependencies are resolved
at runtime, but if you link statically, you have to list all the dependencies,
including the indirect ones. libatlas-base-dev, libarpack2-dev and libxml2-dev
will probably be needed.