Re: [igraph] InfoMap integration

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] InfoMap integration
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 20:59:52 +0100

> However, with python interface, it will make infomap called -inside
> the core loop- a python function (randint I guess).
> I wonder if there is no overhead with such python calls from C ?
The overhead is negligible, we tried that when we introduced the random
generator interface in igraph 0.6. I was very surprised as well. But it seems
to be OK.

> Otherwise, I saw there is some unit tests with python interface, is
> there some at C level ? (test directory looks odd to me...)
Yes, there are unit tests for the C layer, they are in the examples/simple
folder. The tests/ subfolder contains the specifications for the tests (i.e.
what to compile, what output to expect and such).