Re: [igraph] python 2.7

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] python 2.7
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 10:09:39 +0100

Hi Jan,

> I would like to install igraph on OSX 10.6.4 running python 2.7 (r27:82508)

Is this MacPython or how did you install it? As far as I know, the system-wide
Python that comes with the OS by default is still 2.6.

> Easy_install igraph also fails:
Try easy_install python-igraph, this should download the source and try to
compile it from scratch, but you'll need a working C compiler for that on your
machine and also the igraph header files and libraries for the C core. If you
don't have them yet, you can download the C source from the homepage and
compile it using the usual ./configure && make && make install dance.

If you happen to use brew on OS X (see http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/), you
can also install the C core of igraph by running "brew install igraph".

If you need more help, let me know.