Re: [igraph] Python : ImportError: No module named core

From: Pascal Jürgens
Subject: Re: [igraph] Python : ImportError: No module named core
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 01:31:58 +0200

Matthew,

python needs to find your igraph  libraries (the c ones) during runtime. By
installing the python interface, you don't copy the c library itself. The core
error means that python can't find the installed files, which would normally be
in a standard location such as /usr/local/lib.

Try pointing your system to the igraph lib directory:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$HOME/system/...(insert your full path
here)

If you're on linux, you might want to consult the docs on ldconfig for your
distro.

Hope that helps,

Pascal