Re: [igraph] vertex + size + C library

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] vertex + size + C library
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:28:58 +0100

Hi,

> 1/ I saw somewhere than one can set the size of vertices in R, but I don't
> find anything about setting a different size to each vertex using the C
> library ?
Well, you can assign attributes to vertices in C by using the
experimental C attribute handler (which allows string and numeric
attributes only); more details are to be found here:

http://igraph.sourceforge.net/doc/html/ch09s02.html

However, the built-in layout algorithms do not take vertex sizes (or
any other attribute) into account, so setting a "size" attribute won't
help if you are using the built-in layout algorithms. Neither would it
help from the R or Python interfaces as they just call the C layer. Of
course if you are implementing your own layout algorithm, you can make
use of vertex attributes however you want.