Re: [igraph] igraph_matrix_copy_to()

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph_matrix_copy_to()
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 11:48:40 +0200

Well, just for the record, this solution might work, but it is very
suboptimal, as it copies the whole thing twice. Also, no memory will
be freed until the function returns.

Personally I would suggest to keep everything in the igraph_matrix_t,
you can access its element just as quickly as the array of arrays
version, and it even has a couple of operations that might come handy
(searching for maximum/minimum, row/column-wise sums, etc.). You can
also extract a pointer to the first element, with &MATRIX(matrix,0,0),
and then pass this to BLAS or LAPACK routines.

Gabor