Re: [igraph] Problem installing igraph via R on FreeBSD 7.3

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Problem installing igraph via R on FreeBSD 7.3
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:32:22 +0200

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:43 PM, jim smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 15:08:10 +0200
> Gábor Csárdi <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Jim,
>>

>> Please try Rcpp.
>> http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/Rcpp/index.html
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gabor
>
> * installing *source* package 'Rcpp' ...
> ** libs
> "Makevars", line 16: Missing dependency operator
> "Makevars", line 18: Need an operator
> "Makevars", line 20: Missing dependency operator
> "Makevars", line 22: Need an operator
> "Makevars", line 24: Need an operator
> make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
> ERROR: compilation failed for package 'Rcpp'
> * removing '/usr/local/lib/R/library/Rcpp'
>

> Aha!  Although, this seems a bit different than the other error I was
> getting.  Next step?

Jim, unfortunately this is a different error, so it is useless for us.

Anyway, what you can do is, to extract the .tar.gz file, try an
install with 'R CMD INSTALL' and then check the dependencies of the
igraph.so file:

tar xzf igraph_0.5.3.tar.gz
R CMD INSTALL igraph
ldd igraph/src/igraph.so

This will list all dynamic libraries needed for igraph, and whether
the dynamic linker can actually find them. I suspect that it cannot
find the proper libstdc++. If this is the case, then please find this
library on your system and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH properly. (Or use
another method to tell the linker about the place of the library.)