Re: [igraph] benchmarks?

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] benchmarks?
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 17:46:17 +0100

> >Directed graph (|V| = 2137884, |E| = 7560862)
> Tamas, I forgot to ask. Do you know about how long it takes to load a
> graph like this? 10's of seconds? Minutes?
It depends on the format of course. For the LGL format (which is
specifically designed for storing large directed/undirected graphs with
almost no metadata apart from node names and edge weights), loading this
graph takes 21.3 seconds on my machine. Of course it would take much
longer from GraphML or GML formats. If you have a simple edge list with
no edge weights and numeric vertex IDs (continuous from 0), then it
takes only 5.3 seconds.